1pm - 2pm, 16th September 2016
The Printhouse, 21-23 North Church Street,
Sheffield, S1 2DH
CPD by - ADAS English Heritage
This includes a dynamic seminar by ADAS English Heritage, which has been recommended as very engaging by members of the SSA who have attended the seminar previously.
Significant changes are currently taking place in Historic Environment planning guidance and legislation across the UK. As part of these changes a new heritage protection body called Historic England has been established this year in England.
The CPD workshop will last 1 hour, and will consist of a short presentation, followed by a collaborative case study review.
The presentation will cover four key topics:
1. Examples of how developers and landowners were prosecuted for their actions under existing heritage legislation
2. Overview of heritage reform in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
3. Changes to English Heritage
4. What these changes might mean to professionals working in the planning system
RIBA Core Curriculum:
- Compliance: Legal, regulatory and statutory frameworks
- Context: The historic environment and its setting